Sunday, March 24, 2013

Notre Dame & the Lourve

Our last day in Paris began with visiting one of the most famous church buildings in the world: Notre Dame. Since it was Palm Sunday, there was no practical way for us to attend the service, however we experienced the next best thing. We slowly walked around the cathedral on the inside while the service was going on. So we ended up spending about 30-45 minutes in the outer edges of the sanctuary, soaking in the worshipful atmosphere.

As I worshipped, this prayer came to my mind: Sovereign Lord, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, make my heart a living cathedral. You gave your all to save me. You sent you Son to die for me. You spared no expense. May there be no sacrifice too big as I live for you. May my devotion for you be larger than anything else in my life. Sovereign Lord, make my heart a living cathedral. Forgive me for desiring things that reduce my worship of you. Please expand my worship to fill my soul, soar to heaven and sing into this world. Sovereign Lord, make my heart a living cathedral for you. In Jesus' name, Amen.






After lunch, we went to the world's most visited art museum: the Louvre. What began as a fortress and then a palace for kings that kept adding on to it, the Louvre is now an over 650,000 square feet museum that holds priceless works of art. We spent several hours here. Everyone made sure they went to see the Mona Lisa.

Enjoy our "hello" to you below!







Location:Paris, France

No comments:

Post a Comment